Here’s the flyer: AV99s_BBQ_Registration_form_2014, and the entry form: AV99s_BBQ_Registration_info_2014, for the 99’s annual poker flight. The Bar-B-Que/prize time will be at WJF and the airports to fly to for poker cards and Mojave, Rosamond,Cal City, Tehachapi and Inyokern. Cards are available at 9:00am and MUST be turned in by1:00pm. If you choose not to fly or can’t make all of the airports, there are cards for ALL airports at WJF.
Saturday, March 22, 2014 at Fox Field (KWJF)
- The U.S. Navy Blue Angels
- Special performance by the Blue Angels Lockheed C-130 support aircraft, affectionately known as ‘Fat Albert’
- Red Bull Air Force – Including Chuck Aaron in his aerobatic helicopter, Kirby Chambliss flying gravity-defying aerobatics in his Edge 540, and the Red Bull Wing Suit Flyers
- Greg Colyer – The Ace Maker featuring the iconic Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star
- Bill Braack – Smoke N’ Thunder Jet Car, racing close to 400 mph
- Heritage Flight – P-51 Mustang and F-86 Sabre Jet
- Lockheed Martin P-38 Lightning Aerobatic Demonstration
- Korean War Demonstration – featuring a dogfight between an F-86 Sabre Jet and a Mig 15
- Northrop N9MB Flying Wing flyovers
- and more in the air and on the ground.
Just another normal day at IYK by the soaring club: